Spinning the mantra of compassion via USENET
(5400 rotations/minute) x (60 minutes/hour) x (24 hours/day) x (7 days/week) =
54,432,000 rotations per article per news server.
- You post one article with the mantra included in your .sig.
- The news servers are UNIX machines that operate continuously.
- Each news server saves your article to a hard disk which rotates 5400 times per minute.
- There are 100,000 news servers in the world.
- Your article is available for about a week, then expires.
If there are 100,000 news servers in the world, the mantra would
spin 5,443,200,000,000 times before the article expired, or over
5 trillion times.